Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary Snorkeling
While in the heart of Stone Town, go snorkeling at Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary, West of Zanzibar, one of the most popular natural attractions in the world! Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary is a protected cove that is famous for its amazing snorkeling. While in the water, you’ll spot schools of colorful fish and perhaps even dolphins and turtles. The safe inner reef is perfect for children and beginners, while the more challenging outer reef will thrill advanced snorkelers on Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary snorkeling tours.
- Covered by our worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your Stone Town Hotel.
- All snorkel gear is included
- Protected cove is perfect for beginner snorkelers and an outer reef is great for more advanced snorkelers
- See many colorful fish and corals, turtles and the occasional dolphin
- Snorkel in the famously clear blue waters of Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary.
- 3-hour snorkeling shore excursion on Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary.
Take a snorkel break while docked in Mystical Island of Zanzibar at the spectacularly beautiful Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary. Chumbe is a natural crescent beach in the sunken caldera of an extinct coral- rag forest, which is home to the endangered Ader’s Duiker, giant coconut Crabs, Hermit Crabs, and a variety of bird life species. The Sanctuary is protected by Zanzibar peoples from the fishing communities with voluntary support from overseas expert, the waters are famously clear, providing the ideal environment to spot fish and other marine wildlife.
Your tour begins with pickup at your hotel in Zanzibar. When you arrive at Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary, you will have ample free time to snorkel, lounge on the beach and play in the warm waters. Snorkel gear, including a high-quality dive mask, snorkel and fins, is included.
The City and County of Zanzibar’s Marine Educational Center at Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary features marine displays of wildlife in the Sanctuary, an educational video theater and other facilities. Before anyone starts a Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary tour, it’s mandatory to watch the video in order to be informed about the Sanctuary’s geological and historical background and to learn the importance of protecting Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary for future visitors.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return Stone Town Hotel for your further recreations. In the extremely unlikely exceptional weather, we will arrange this tour next day. If the weather still remain the same in the next day of tour and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Regular snorkel gear – High quality silicon dive mask, snorkel and fins.
- Pickup and drop-off from Stone Town Hotel.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee.
- Food and drinks
- Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary entrance fee, paid directly on the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
Need more info about Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary Snorkeling? Please call us now or meet Nomads Zanzibar Team and book to save up to 15 % Bonus for your next trip to Zanzibar.
Fill in the Booking Form