Explore Stone Town
Location: Stone Town
Stone Town is a World Heritage site and is the most atmospheric and vibrant of all the remaining traditional Swahili settlements. Architecturally it’s a fusion of African and Arab influences not dissimilar to the medinas of Morocco with its narrow streets, twists and turns. Culturally modern Stone Town is a lively melting pot that embraces visitors and manages to offer a selection of fine dining and curious attractions without compromising its old world charm.
- Visit the House of Wonder to see the collection of stored culture.
- Discover the Palace Museums.
- Memorize your past to see the Historical Anglican Church.
- See the Old and Historical Largest East Africa Slave Market.
- Hop down the Slave chambers at Mkunazini Slave Market.
- Experience the local shopping at Darajani Historical Market.
- Pass around the local shops and souvenirs.
Consider one or two nights depending on your preferences. We would recommend the Zanzibar Palace, Dhow Palace, Marumaru Hotel or The Swahili House. Both offer excellent locations and consistently receive glowing feedback from our guests.
Book now and get 50 % Bonus for your next trip, please contact our Sandies Tours & Travel Experts now, or visit our Tours Section.
Fill in the Booking Form