Full Day Stone Town Walking Tour
Location: Stone Town
Do you enjoy historical tours? This full day tour from Zanzibar has been designed to allow as much time as possible to explore the Heart of Stone Town. Formerly a convict site, Zanzibar is bursting with history and today boasts a landscape of natural beauty, scenic ruins and restored Arabs buildings. Make the most out of your day and join the informative fully guided historical walking tour then jump on board the traditional relaxing Dhow cruise to the Isle of the Dead!
- Enjoy this comprehensive historical full-day walking tour of Stone Town.
- Relax on Chumbe Island Marine Sanctuary Dhow cruise.
- Plenty of photo opportunities.
- English-speaking guide.
- Hotel pickup from centrally located Stone Town hotels.
Zanzibar Historic Site is a compelling and dramatic reminder of our convict past and the early settlement of the Arabs Sultanate Zenji Empire, now Zanzibar. Interpretive and interactive presentations being the reality the harrowing life of convicts 2000 years ago. Please note, this tour offers the opportunity for maximum time at Zanzibar Historic Site.
More Tour Highlights:
- Cross the old Zanzibar Market.
- Head out on the Mlandege Shopping areas over Zanzibar Town, outside the Old Stone Town.
- Gulioni Guilds workshop.
- Malindi Old Harbor fishing Market.
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site – Mkunazini Largest East Africa Slave Market, The Anglican Oldest Church in Zanzibar.
- See the Persian Bath at Hamani Streets, the church and much more…
- Take a cruise on Kinazini Bay and circumnavigate the Isle of the grand Dhows.
- Visit Highlights of the Maruhubi Ruins.
- Wonder at the spectacle grand palace, the House of Wonder.
- Superb views of the Forodhani Garden and coastline.
- Be amazed at the magnitude of Palace Museums.
Lunch (not included) is available at Mercury’s Restaurant next to the entrance to the Zanzibar Port Visitor Center. There is also a sit down restaurant called Archipelago. Both have a large selection of sandwiches, hot food and drinks.
- Food and Snacks.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability.
- Please bring good walking shoes for the walking tour. If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour.
Fill in the Booking Form