Prison Island Ultimate Giant Tortoise Eco Tour and Snorkeling or Sunbathing Tour
Location: Stone Town
Want the best endangered Giant Tortoise viewing opportunities in Zanzibar? Take the Giant Tortoise Eco Tour for a premium Giant Tortoise experience that offers a personalized, intimate marine life experience. Or choose the snorkeling option to enjoy an Indian Ocean marine life, uninterrupted view of the beautiful Indian Ocean Fishes mingling with coral gardens.
- View the cute Giant Tortoise from a secluded Island and do some snorkeling or sunbathing tours offering an intimate experience.
- Enjoy watching beautiful peacock don the beach.
- Small group tour maximum 15 people.
- Visit to Tennis Court Center or walk around magnificent Jetty to view the Prison Island.
Ultimate Giant Land Tortoise Tour:
Designed to cater for up to 15 people only, this fully accredited eco tour takes visitors to a stunning, secluded beach Island to view the Giant Tortoise waddling ashore to their sand dune burrows. The beach is in a completely different location to the standard Giant Tortoise Parade. This tour is the premium Giant Tortoise experience on offer and ideal for those seeking a more personalized, intimate marine life experience. As the sun sets and the light fades, you will enjoy the beautiful bird watching tour in the Island
Snorkeling & Sunbathing Tour:
Great visibility and an abundance of coral reefs and marine life in the waters of Prison Island make it a delight for snorkeling. The Prison Island Channel is also famous for big game fishing. Barracuda and Kingfish are plentiful. For the fly fisherman; Bonefish are to be found in the waters directly in front of the Prison Island. Hop aboard the Prison Island motorized dhow with uber-renowned Captain who will take guests wanting to fish, or snorkel to the very best spots for these activities.
Recent Reviews of this Tour
- This trip was excellent. The unique experience of seeing them literally a few feet in front was one in a million. The only downfall was how little time you got and the fact you can’t take pictures anymore. But that didn’t affect the experience
- I forgot to confirm our booking (because I didn’t read the instructions after printing the voucher, however 2 hours before our tour I rang to confirm and was instructed on what to do on arrival and when to be there. We were greeted very courteously and shown to the conference room where our night began which was thoroughly enjoyable and very informative. Highly recommend this tour. Be prepared for the dolphin watching when head to your Stone Town Hotel though.
Fill in the Booking Form