Ruaha National Park Helicopter Tour from Arusha Town
Location: Northern Circuit
This 45-minute helicopter tour from Arusha Town highlights the dramatic natural scenery of Arusha City and its two famous National Parks – Mikumi National Park and Ruaha National Park. Fly over Ruaha National Park and along the shores of Great Ruaha River, taking in the beautiful shores and the rugged coast line as you reach the river. Then soar over Ruaha National Park and the surfers’ paradise of Ruaha National Park before heading back to the city over the beautiful Animal Parks of Arusha.
- 45-minute Ruaha National Park helicopter flight from Arusha Town.
- Fly over Mikumi National Park, one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature.
- Admire the rugged cliffs of Arusha City and Ruaha National Park from every angle.
- See Great Ruaha River, where a pair of giraffe may race beside the airstrip, with a line of zebra parading across the runway in their wake as nearby protective elephant mothers guard their young under the shade of baobab tree.
- Look out for the lion, leopard, jackal, hyena, and the rare and endangered African Wild Dog.
- Watch as the landscape changes from sandy shores to rocky coast lines to beautiful Ruaha River.
Start your Ruaha National Park helicopter tour at Arusha Town, where you’ll board your chopper and take a deep breath as you soar into the blue skies. Pass over the magnificent National Parks of Northern Circuit and admire the rugged mountain range known as the Ol Donyo Lengai as it captures the warm rays of sunlight reflecting off the lake’s icy waters.
Continue around the prominent peak of Ol Donyo Lengai, and then look down as the landscape changes from wide sandy shores to gentle rock formations and hidden river as it narrows down to the Ruaha National Park Nature Reserve, with its untouched floral habitat and undulating hills. Almost unexpectedly your eyes meet the dramatic cliffs of the legendary Ngorongoro National Park and Ruaha National Park, which together form the very tip of the Game reserve.
Enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the Ruaha National Park and watch the waves batter the imposing structure, which clings to the cliffs. Then, head back up the Great Ruaha River, reaching the calmer waters of Ruaha’s Town, with its historic natural flora and fauna. Keep an eye out for the waterbuck, impala, and Grant’s gazelle over the Ruaha River, and fly over the shore side suburbs of Fish Hoek and crocodile, taking in the awe-inspiring of the Greater and Lesser Kudu live heren as do Sable and Roan Antelope.
Return to Arusha Town along the opposite side of the mountains, via the beautiful mount of Kilimanjaro and the southern suburbs. You’ll conclude your journey back at the heliport at the Arusha Town.
Fill in the Booking Form