Stone Town Cultural Experience: Cook and Eat with a Local Family
Immerse yourself in Swahili culture and dine with a local family. This is greater and spectacular opportunity to learn more about local life, Zanzibar lifestyle, the traditions of home life and the importance of family in Swahili culture, arranged marriages and of course, the food.
- Experience real Swahili culture and cuisine on this dining experience from Stone Town.
- Enjoy a delicious home-cooked dinner at a host’s home.
- Interact with the host family Stone Town.
- Get an insight into local life in Stone Town, Zanzibar.
- Hotel pickup from centrally located Zanzibar hotels.
- English-speaking guide.
- Traveling in a small group allowing a unique and intimate experience.
What You Can Expect
After meeting your local guide, travel by Toyota Minivan to start your real life Swahili experience. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by your gracious host and welcomed into their home. As dinner is being prepared, your guide will provide an insight into Swahili family life. You’ll dine on a traditional Swahili home-cooked meal which will be predominantly seafood plus vegetarian and sure to tantalize your taste buds. You will also learn about the food and the traditional spices and techniques used in preparation.
This is not just a meal, but a dining experience in a family home, an opportunity to experience a truly Swahili hospitality. Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 participants adds to this unique and intimate experience.
At the end of the trip you are free for personal exploration or alternatively your local guide can assist with transportation back to your hotel.
Fill in the Booking Form