African Beachside Cooking and Cocktail Class
When you arrive at International Airport in Zanzibar by pre-booking your convenient private transfer service, get a true taste of Zanzibar with a beachside cooking class! During this 3-hour shore excursion at Nungwi Fishing Village, you’ll cook up a scrumptious feast for lunch—all in a local Zanzibar home. An expert chef teaches you to make several classic African dishes like shellfish and curried chicken, in addition to a tropical drink. Numbers are limited to 11 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group of fellow cooking enthusiasts.
- 3-hour Zanzibar shore excursion with cooking class at Nungwi Fishing Village.
- Prepare lunch in a beachside kitchen with a professional chef
- Learn the secrets to African cuisine, stirring up favorites like shellfish
- Blend a cocktail such as the delicious Zanzibar sugar cane juice
- Feast on your meal with like-minded food lovers
- Small-group class with a maximum of 11 people ensures a personalized experience
- Covered by Sandies Tours & Travel’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your accommodation at 9:30am, you’ll be transferred to a traditional Zanzibar home located on a private beach of Nungwi. Gather with your small group in the outdoor kitchen of this private beachside setting and begin your Zanzibar cooking class under the expertise of a local chef.
African cuisine, among the most savory in the world, uses a variety of spices to create salads and specialty seafood dishes like shellfish — just one of several delectable recipes you may learn to make during your 3-hour cooking class. Your instructor will completely immerse your small group in this hands-on, interactive lesson, suitable for both novice and experienced cooks.
Enjoy the rich flavors of authentic African cuisine like roasted chicken with coconut rice and grilled fish in banana leaves as you learn how to cook several traditional island dishes. Your instructor provides guidance on every step as you learn about the culinary traditions of this local fare. You’ll even mix a tasty tropical drink like Sugarcane juice, consisting of ginger, lemon and lemongrass (and sometimes condensed milk and spices).
At the end of your cooking session, sample the fruits of your labor over lunch—sipping your cocktail and sopping up your meal with sides like local bread—delicious! Afterward, you’ll be dropped off at your accommodation.
Fill in the Booking Form